BIRDER

BIRDER

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Red Centre - Alice Springs Birding

Well, once was definately not enough. I simply had to return to the Alice and do some more birding here.

On arrival I immediately walked to Olive Pink Botanical Gardens. It didnt take long to find a Western Bowerbird's bower but the birds were not there. I waited for a while before deciding I simply had to get a coffee at their cafe. After my "fix" I returned to the bower to discover the Bowerbird busily decorating his home before having to defend it from another male who seemed interested in inspecting it.













Zebra Finch, White-plumed, Brown and Singing Honeyeaters were abundant. There were plenty of birds to keep me entertained but a family of Grey-crowned Babbler collecting nesting materials won my heart when one of them hopped right up to my shoe! Obviously attracted to the Kathmandu brand....

Bowerbirds and Babblers have wonderful little personalities.






 
Stay tuned for the next NT installment!!