BIRDER

BIRDER

Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013 in review


Well there is only one week left of 2013.

My friend Richard asked me yesterday how many Lifers I got for 2013? 

So far during 2013 I’ve seen 22 Lifers and my year list is currently on 480.  I aim to increase my year list by about another 10 or so species and would like to see another 8 Lifers if possible!

 Highlighted birding 2013 trips included Christmas Island, Darwin NT to Kununurra and Mitchell River NP in WA, Alice Springs NT, Inskip Point Qld, Julatten Qld, Jervis Bay NSW, Werribee and Portland Vic, a few trips into Gluepot Reserve SA, Lake Gilles SA and a quick trip across the Nullarbor SA

The rest of this year will be spent birding interstate so I hope to increase these totals even further. My life list currently sits on 691 …. Watch this space where I will post the final stats for 2013 in the next week or so….